What would you do? (Feeling depressed...)

I just went to a store and was talking with a woman working there, we talked for a while and then my boyfriend walked up to us. She asked me if I was his Mother or his Aunt! UGH! It made me feel sooo bad, I'm not a cougar or anything his is ONLY 3 years younger than me. I'm 38 - he's almost 35. But, he doesn't age ... I swear he still looks about 19 years old!
Should I feel this bad about this or just be proud to be with such a Hot Guy???

isismoon3

Asked by isismoon3 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

Level 66 (1,275,470 Credits)
  • People can be so rude. I'm 39 with a 9 year old and a 3 year old, I've been asked if I'm their grandmother. Really?! But I do have friends my age that are grandparents! Sooo. I really wouldn't worry much about what she said, as I would assume she meant he looked so young, not that you looked that old. I wouldn't waste any more time worrying about it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Be happy that you are loved. Don't feel bad about what others say heck, my 1 of my g/f's is constantly mistaken for a guy (she works in construction as a flagger on the highway). She laughs it off but can you imagine being mistaken for a man (lol)
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You look at her eyes and said hes my husband. then wait for a answer...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• ha .. I would not be sad.. how did he react?
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just be proud to be with a hot guy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• AWWW... i'm sorry that happened to you- she was probably just Jealous! LOL:) Be Proud Momma!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You look good she was being rude!!

When my son and I been out, I have had people think he is my BF, Now I know I look older, so that is weird .

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Be proud to be with a hot guy! I'm older than my DH too but he looks at least my age while I look closer to his. Your DH sounds very nice to be so comforting. That lady was probably suffering from foot in mouth syndrome and just didn't think before she spoke.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• People don't really know WHAT to think these days with couples, cougars, MILFS and all kinds of other varieties and types out there today It's best to just not say anything sometimes. I always figure "what is it to me anyway?", so I don't ask people if someone is their mother, sister, aunt or whatever. Just ignore and go on. You're happy, he's happy so who cares whether someone thinks you're older, younger or even his mother or aunt. Don't get hung up on the little things, it will drive you crazy. Life is toooo short.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 1:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• most likely she was just being obtuse...the polite thing to do would be to ask, and who is this? I used to get that alot when I first married my husband, only I am 11 years younger than him and had people asking if he was my dad. I just smile, and said Yea he likes to rock the cradle, lmao... :)
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011