Names?

How do you know what name to pick for your baby? Im really early into my pregnancy but names wont leave my mind. Like my baby is half mexican and i have this worry that i would choose something i might not like later after the baby is born and the baby daddy is being no help with names. Any suggestions?

arayal44

Asked by arayal44 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Baby Names

• Write them down with babys last name. See how they sound, make sure they flow well. Thats what we did. You can always wait until you see baby to make the final decision!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• One that you like. Doesn't have to be one that goes along the heritage, just choose a name that you like.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I Used the internet to look up baby name meanings and found one that I really liked the meaning of!
    ...Just had a niece born yesterday named: Chloe Angelic! Beautiful and I love her name.
    ...My son's name is: Jayden Austin & My daughter's name is: Courtney Rae
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We were certain we were going to have a girl, so when we were told we were having a boy, we had to re think everything! We decided on one name, but as soon as he was born, I took one look at him, and decided the name we'd chosen didn't suit him! So we changed our minds. You'll probably go over a million names from now until you baby is born, you'll know when you see them though :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• A tip I was given was to pick a name you like but then when no one is home yell it down the hall way a few times because you will be yelling the childs name a few times a day. If it sounds right for you... then maybe that is the right name for you and your baby. It seems silly but you are hearing the name a million times, just like you do when they are here and getting into trouble....
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• We chose several names and then practiced yelling them, like we were reprimanding a child. When our son was born, we looked at him and knew we had picked the right name.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I had a whole list of names I liked, throughout my pregnancy when I would think of a name I would just write it down then finally picked the one me and my husband liked best around my 6th month :)
    C.Parrish

Answer by C.Parrish at 12:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was almost frantic over names and my husband was no help at all. At only 8 weeks along I started telling people I hoped the baby was a boy, because it was obvious we would never agree on a perfect girl name. Then last week, out of nowhere the perfect name just fell in my lap. It was totally different from the style of name I thought I wanted for my baby, but as soon as I heard it I knew it would be the name if I have a girl. Now we just have to hold out for that all important u/s =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 1:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Find something that you think will fit. Also, if you want your baby to have grace, think of a graceful name, strength-a more masculine, strong name. Oddly enough (at least, this is how my family thinks) if you pick a certian name style, your baby will end up like that.
    nataliekateof2

Answer by nataliekateof2 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• When I first heard the names that I named my daughter, I instantly knew that's what I wanted my first daughter's name to be! I guess it's just something that you "know" when you see/hear it. Now, it did not happen when we were talking about boy names, so thankfully our first was a girl. lol. Our next child's name will be family names in honor of my deceased MIL, FIL and grandpa. Good luck to you!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011