How Acurate of home pregncy test...The last time that I had sexual intercourse was june 17th. My period is one week late, and I took a pregnancy test, Is it Acurate? adult content

Changing07

Asked by Changing07 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Was it positive or negative? If is was positive, yes it most likely is accurate. If it was negative, you could have ovulated late because of stress or whatnot so it could still be accurate but could not be. If your period doesn't come in another 4 or so days I would test again if you had a negative result the first time.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If it is positive, yes. There is no such thing as a false positive.
    If it is negative, then it depends.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• EXTREMELY likely. False pos are near impossible. False neg are possible but not probable at 1 week late.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would expect it to give you the correct answer now. Like the others said, a false positive is highly unlikely because it is saying the hormones ARE present. A false negative could just mean the hormone levels are not high enough to register yet, but it would probably be right by now.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Positve's are usually accurate ... but you can get false negatives more often!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would say your chances are high! congrats!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's not based off the last time you had sex. However since you are late it should be very accurate. Unless you are like my bff and test negative well past the first trimester. I would congratulate you, but you never stated a positive or negative response. If you question the accuracy of one test try another brand.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011