University of Phenoix online

anybody have any experience with this school? im looking to become a licensed marriage therapist and i want to take online classes.which universities are good and legit and take financial aid.

Keriii24

Asked by Keriii24 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have heard that this it one of the most expensive online schools you can use. I would see if your local college has an online program.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I am currently working on my BS degree there. I LOVE EVERY min of it. It is a great school and everyone is helpful. They are always willing to help you with whatever you need. along with that you meet awesome people along the way who are good contacts to have along with support systems. Overall an amazing school!!
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• To be honest it is just as expencive as a normal university if not cheeper... along with that they help you get fincial aid to help you pay for the classes... I have more in grants then I do in loans and I am in the Bach. of Science program
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Many companies will not hire graduates from for profit schools. Check with your local universities many have much less expensive programs that will help them get jobs in the future. I put resumes on the bottom of the stack if they graduated from UofP. I find they usually don't have the knowledge and skills needed. My husbands company is the same way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It is a FOR PROFIT College and the credits cannot transfer. It isn't accredited. And there is rarely TRUE financial aid with them.

My husband will never hire anyone from a FOR PROFIT online school as they don't have the knowledge.

Your local Community college and state supported universities are your best bet. And more and more have online courses to accommodate the busy older students.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• University of Pheonix degrees are very expensive, and for the most part not respected in most industries.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• DID any of you do acctual research on this school cause it is on the same national accredited list of collleges that all of the other BIG universities are on. I am finishing my degree here in the next year and I have had 3 job offers already and they know I am graduating from UOP if it was so like that where people didnt want to hire people from UOP then why are there so many graduates on a yearly basis that acctually gets hired... 85-90% of their graduates get jobs when they graduate I believe yall need to go back and check your facts. And for those of you who put resumes of people who are attending or graduated from UOP on the bottom of your stacks you might just be missing the best people who would work GREAT at your place of business. Get to know the person not just the school. They may have more knowledge then you think. DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER!!!!!
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• http://hubpages.com/hub/University-of-Phoenix-Accreditation-Fraud-False-Advertising

Its individual programs, such as the Psychology program/degree are NOT accredited, the technology programs are NOT accredited, the computer programs are NOT accredited, etc. etc. etc.  The INSTUTITION IS ONLY accredited so that it can receive title IV funding (Stafford Loans and Pell Grants).  It is INSTITUTIONAL ACCREDITED NOT REGIONAL ACCREDITED AND NOT PROGRAM ACCREDITED!

Anonymous

• My education office on base told us not o attend there
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My husband's company won't hire people from UoP or other for profit schools either.

Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2011