how to know your water break?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Trust me you will no, you with get a steady trickle or a gush ow water which doesn't hurt but feels really cool imo and then contractions start. There is no way of not knowing if your water breaks
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 3:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• well both times they had to break my water, so i didnt feel anything bc i was numb, but you will be leaking everywhere thats for sure
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My water broke naturally at home at 3am while I was in bed before I had a single contraction. I thought my baby had kicked my bladder and made me pee myself! When I stood up, the water stopped so I didn't think anything of it. I cleaned up then headed back to bed. As soon as I laid down again it all started to gush out. It's got a distinctive smell as well, but I can't describe it. It's just one of those things that you'll know when it happens. Not everyone experiences it though. I think I read somewhere that it's like 10-20% of women will have their water break before having any contractions.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 5:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• well my doctor broke mine for me because it wouldnt break. and trust me i knew when it happened. lets just say i was in pain and there was stuff every where.
    tigrushome

Answer by tigrushome at 6:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• it feals like u just peed ur self. only u can't hold it. it just runs on it's own. and it's clear not yellowish like pee.
    Anonymous

• When mine broke, it felt like the baby kicked, then there was a "pop" and a gush. It didn't EXPLODE out of me, but I could definitely feel it leaking everywhere. It was a clear liquid, you can't hold it... you'll know.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• i got up in the middle of nite to pee and went back to bed and there was trickle so i went back to bathroom and when i wiped there was some blood
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 11:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• hope ya found your answer..but i too used the restroom then tried to get back to bed the morning of last dr appt..nope..it gushes out. But ya learn in lamaze that ya should check the color..oh someone help me out..It just needs to be clear? If another color tell the nurse cuz it means something bad...it kept coming too as we went to hospital. They say it happens fast after that??? Um wrong again..i had to have meds in my iv and walked at first, layed in bed next, needed oxygen as her heart beat rose...all that in am & she didnt arrive till 2 am!! Um that meant i didnt have Food/drink all that time & all the nurse gave a breastfeeding new mom was a sandwich! Whoopee
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 10:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• You will totally know! There will be a gush of fluid from your vagina. Luckily, mine broke on the toilet last time I was pregnant!
    MomOfTwo1978

Answer by MomOfTwo1978 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2008