I need to release the frustrations. Am I wrong? Is it ever about me?

My husband lost his job, my daughter injured herself and money is non existent in my house right now. With the loss of job comes the loss of insurance as well. I am picking up hours to bring in extra money, therefore I am not home as much as I was.

IF THIS DOES NOT BEAT ALL!!

I get a phone call from my supposed best friend, mad that I did not answer the phone this morning after I worked until midnight yesterday, got up at 8am this morning to see about getting food stamps or some type of help for this month I took a 30 minute nap. (we are not eligible) She is upset because I was not there when she needed me. I apologized and asked her what is wrong. Here is her crisis. Her marble floor she was to have put in this week isn't available anymore!!!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!

After 15 minutes, I started explaining some of my problems to her. She let me go she could not talk anymore. She was going to look at other floors.

Am I wrong to think maybe I should be allowed to vent my problems. I know it is selfish of me, but I do think I have a more serious issue at hand. I would like to be able to talk about my problems, or at the very least not have to listen how her world is falling apart because her remodel is not complete.

vntNyll

Asked by vntNyll at 11:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hugsI am here if you need to vent

Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 11:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think feeding your family is more important concern than not gettting the marble you want for your floors. Sorry your friend was not there for you. Hope things look better soon (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'm not sure if there's more going on but she sounds very selfish. The least she could have done was humbled herself and taken a minute to listen to you, too...no matter what you had going on.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• How selfish
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• yeah I know people like that and it is very irritating, it's called me-ism...she should have set aside her alleged crisis and asked you how you were doing first and then she could have gotten in her floor issues. Relationships of every type need require give and take from both sides, if it is one sided then it does not work.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• You know the problem with venting is a you start to think a little more later. I still think she could have kept her flooring problem to herself for now, but we have been friends for 20 years. Let me also add my husband started a new job yesterday.

I just got so upset when she said I wasn't there for her. I was trying to make a living! I have to work.
    vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• hugsI am here if you need to vent

thank you

vntNyll

Comment by vntNyll (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Both of you are just in different levels of friendship at the moment. Her world hasn’t changed and yours has, it’s neither both are at fault for not listening to each other. Just like groups around here you have find a group that suits your needs at the moment in life and find that support. Same with friendship you have find someone that is in the same boat as you and find comfort and support. Just to add you were not wrong it was just bad timing. Hope everything works out for you and your husband.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011