When It say's LMP (last menstrual period ) does that mean Thats the "day" or near the day I got pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• the day you started your last period
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LMP is when most doctors will calculate your due date from, however, you didn't get pregnant until after you had your period, when you ovulated, generally two weeks after the first day of your last period. Hope that helps lol
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 6:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You probably got pregnant anywhere from 11-18 days after your LMP, which as stated above is the start of your last period. Depending on how long your cycle is (from first day of period to the first day of your next period), you take that an divide it in half. Count from when your LMP was and you can come up with close to the day, give or take about 3 days either direction, you conceived.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• LMP= First day of your last period not the day you conceived.

Answer by gemgem at 6:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• its not technically the day u conceived, but just the first day of ur last period. this is the day doctors count as the start of pregnancy and count ur due date 40 weeks after this day since its pretty hard to exactly know the date of conception
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yesterday i went to the doctor and they said that it was negative so what should i do
    sexiigirl07

Answer by sexiigirl07 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• sexiigirl... are you the OP? And do you mean that your pregnancy test was negative? If it was negative, then you will either start your period or retest in a few days... if that's not what you meant, then I'm not sure :oP
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 7:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• thanks everyone!!!!! so it says my LMP is 4/21/08 so i got pregnant between when?
    Anonymous

• Honestly, if your LMP was 4/21/08, you're about to have a baby...lol.
    Anonymous

• yes I know I am but I been having a hard time understanding this.
    Anonymous