Is Progressive car insurance the best deal in insurance

if not what would you recommend

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 11:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Home & Garden

• There is no company that offers the best deal for every person. You have to get quotes from different companies online and see which companies can provide you with the best price: www.quotes-center.com/auto-insurance-calculator

elize964

Answer by elize964 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• The best/cheapest car insurance is different for everyone. It depends on where you live, your driving history, the kinds of cars you drive, your age.
    It's best to shop around.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• NOt always.. you just have to shop around. :( Unfortunately
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• For me it is the cheapest. I've been with just about every company over the years. Now that my husbands tickets have fallen off, its even cheaper. We pay $78 a month
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• NO.... call the independent agent in your area and they will shop different companies for you and should be able to give you the best rate. Insurance pricing is based on credit and insurance score as well as age and driving history.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Too much of a generalization.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:22 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No! We just left them after four years. It's cheap but you get what you pay for! We switched to GEICO. Here are my reasons.

I hit a deer. I had full coverage, they came up with excuses why not to help me. I was accused of being on the phone when it happened, when actually I had only used my phone to call my husband for help.
    He was driving ahead of me.

A few years later, during renewal time they switched us off autopay, to mail in causing a lapse in our insurance. I was pulled over and towed. Leaving me and my children stranded on the side of a busy highway. They admitted failing to notify us of the change. And refused to take a check by phone for two days ahead. So, I canceled them. GEICO was a lifesaver. They had me insured in 20 minutes, and got my car out!

Also several times we had made payment arrangements with them and they didn't make good on their end.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Btw GEICOS rates seem to be pretty decent. And their customer service is great.

If you are in MN, and go to an agent they constantly put on Progressive. That's why I stopped with the agents.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Not for me! State Farm is cheaper for us than any other car insurance company. We have our house insurance through a different company and every time we get a different vehicle I call that agent, he checks around, and always comes back with nope, sorry, you're still best off staying with State Farm!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No, not for everyone. However, I have to say that regardless of the rates, Progressive is a great company to deal with if you are in an accident. Twice my husband was hit by drivers carrying Progressive insurance. Both times the other driver was at fault and his cars were totaled. They worked well with us and gave us very fair settlements, and quickly, too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011