If you are diagnosed with a ectopic pregnancy and pregnant with twins is it possible for one to be in the Fallopian tube, and the other to be in the uterine. the tube has to be cut but will the second baby be okay? Or have to loose it's also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not twins but just two different babies??
    karmadrea

Answer by karmadrea at 6:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have never heard of ectopic twins, so I am sorry. With my ectopic pregnancy, they didn't actually cut my tubes. They made a small incision to my tubes and then gave me a shot so that I could naturally pass the baby.
    Anonymous

• With my ectopic I lost one tube. I am guessing if the twins share the same amniotic sac then both would be ectopic. If they dont then there is a possibility that one would be in the right place. An ultrasound would show that one way or another. If you need surgery to remove one then I would think it would place the other baby in some jeopardy but I have also heard of people have surgery during surgery and being ok. I would ask your doctor.

Answer by gemgem at 6:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• ive heard of a situation where there were triplets that 2 were in the sac and the third was ectopic but was delivered thru c-section. but that was a medical history situation. so i guess it is possible.
    Anonymous

• You would have to check with your doc to see if you will be able to keep the one implanted in your uterus, but it is certainly possible. Plenty of times, more than one egg is released, which is how your twins were "made."
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2008