Do you think living with inlaws/family members helps you out or causes more problems?

Based upon posts here I'd guess it causes more problems! More than what it's worth! No one ever comes on here and says they live with their inlaws and it's just great and they're not being mistreated or anything like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• i live with my b/fs mom we have our days but it halps us out and her
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I live with my in-laws and I hate it..I truly hate it...It causes alot more problems. Im ready to move out ASAP...I cant take them amymore. Life would be so much better if we had our own apt.
    Anonymous

• more problems without a doubt. We've lived with in laws and my parents..
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on the situation. A man bringing another female into their moms home will cause friction because it makes two women who want to be *in charge* go at each other. Most of the time unless rules are in place & there is an understanding & very short term then itll work out. Most of the questions I see her are from people living in someone elses home who are angry bc they arent able to impose their rules on someone else. If youre living with someone else odds are you are in financial straits and theyre doing you a favor. If my dd lived with me and tried to tell me how to run my home she would learn quickly she could either leave or live with my lifestyle.
    Anonymous

• It definitely causes more problems for my boyfriend and I.

It's ONLY because of my stepdad though. My mom is great, despite her strange nature. My stepdad is a pathological liar, is depressed, smokes, and might just be bi-polar or schizophrenic.

It's a difficult life. We're moving out when my daughter is four months old.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• try subsided housing until you can get on your feet

Anonymous

• It RUINED my relationship with my in-laws...We were ok with eachother in the beginning but I guess once you live with people and find out who they really are...things get sour. It sucks b/c I feel horrible and it sucks, even though I didnt do anything wrong, it sucks for my husband and my daughter.
    laurenparent

Answer by laurenparent at 7:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I absolutely adore my Father-In-Law and Mother-In-Law. My husband and I recently ran on hard times and asked if we could rent out a spare room they have. It's a converted garage off a breezeway opposite to the entrance to their house. It has worked really well, and helped out a lot. We have total freedom to do our own thing, our room is set up with a sleeping area and a living area, we also have a microwave and small refrigerator, so we can do a lot of meals on our own. We do share their restroom, but except for a couple of times we rarely have any clashes as far as the use of that. I think a BIG difference from most of these situations you hear about is the fact that we pay rent, we aren't causing my in-laws any financial hardship, and we aren't in their way.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I ALWAYS FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY BUT LEARNED FROM IT. LIVING WITH OTHER PEOPLE USUALLY DON'T WORK SO GOES FOR THE ROOMMATES "MALE OR FEMALE"

THERES NO PLACE LIKE HOME!
    workgoat

Answer by workgoat at 7:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• MY FIANCES SISTER AND HER KIDS LIVED WITH US AND IT WAS A DISASTER. I DIDNT WANT TO TELL HER HOW I FELT ABOUT THE WAY SHE DID THINGS (LIKE NOT CLEANINGUP AND SLEEPING ON THE COUCH AL DAY) CUZ I FELT MY FIANCE WOULD BE MAD. I FELT SHE WAS JUST TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US!
    Anonymous