3-D Ultrasound

So Monday I get my first 3-D ultrasound done and we are super excited! I was wondering how the whole process works...anybody know?

Hershey_kisses

Asked by Hershey_kisses at 11:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When I had my 3-D done a couple weeks ago, it was alot like the 2D but you get to see everything up so close. We got to see all of her features and everything about her. We have a CD with over 80 pictures and 2-5sec video shots of the baby. Its awesome. It is totally worth it. I LOVED IT!!!
    angelfromcali21

Answer by angelfromcali21 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• drink oj or something that gets your baby moving you will get the best pictures that way!
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• the only 3-D ultrasound I've ever seen was on a golden retriever. It was in a documentary.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• well they want us to pay like $25 bucks per picture and my mother is doing this for me since we just can't afford it this month...she said its like a gift to us lol and I'm excited but nervous all at once lol!
    Do you know if they do it vaginally or just on your tummy just wondering
    Hershey_kisses

Comment by Hershey_kisses (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• the vaginal question, would be answered by... if this is a routine you ask for it ultrasound, or are they doing it for diagnosing something... if it is routine, they shouldn't do it vaginally, but if you are there for diagnosis or other info, then yes- they will probably do it both ways.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Wow, never heard of it! Wish they had that when I had my kiddos!!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• its tummy
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Well I hope they do it the way I am used to because the vaginal way just doesn't sound comfortable at all...but then again pregnancy isn't supposed to be comfortable lol!

Yeah they didn't let me do the 3-D with my first child so this is exciting :)
    Hershey_kisses

Comment by Hershey_kisses (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• the ob i worked for was 175 for a package.. came with CD, Color prints, black and white prints.. I cant believe they charge so much.. is it your ob or a local company that does theM?
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My OB does it but they said that I could go to the mall and do it but it's really really expensive there! $255 for a full package! Isn't that crazy?
    Hershey_kisses

Comment by Hershey_kisses (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011