Starting to feel a little depressed about baby#2.

I am due in Sept with my second girl and my 5 year old will be starting school in Aug. So i was out of the baby stage, I could pick up and go and do pretty much anything. My daughter is a very easy child. And just the thoughts of starting over again just sometimes makes me feel down. I feel bad for feeling this way but can't help it. This pregnancy was not planned. The closer it gets, the worse I get. Suggestions on how to make this better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it will pass, after it gets here and you get a routine. I think any mom who has started over after having that freedom again, feels that- even the planned babies. I weighted 8 years after 2 boys to have a girl and still had that WTH was I thinking... but it passed after she got her and then we had another too. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 11:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• U need to talk to someone who can help u. I have heard of post partom depression but if u r feeling this way before baby,u need help so u don't hurt the baby.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I went through something similar and I didn't realize that I could get help. I don't know where you live, but near me, there is a PostPardum day program... the thing is, it is for PREGNANT women as well as postpardum moms... 1 in three woman deals with depression during or after pregnancy. They think it is circumstantial, they think they don't qualify because in their brains, it all makes sense.. you have every REASON not to want to go through it all again right now. You can rationalize your feelings, but your heart knows you don't want to feel that way.. Tell your doctor/midwife... if they are any good, they can recommend a program for you... It WILL get better... maybe not now, maybe not in August... maybe not even when you see that baby for the first time... but the good thing is that you KNOW something is wrong... you don't WANT to feel this way. that means you Do love this baby. If you didn't you wouldn't care
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 12:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i think that once you hold that new baby all of those emotions and worrys will fade and you will get into a new routine..congrats mom and im sure you will do just fine
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Get help. Ask your doctor for a suggestion, if you need counseling or want to go the med route. I realize all the time that I'm just not enjoying my child's baby years as much as I did my 1st child's. There's something wrong when you are basically regretting being pregnant. If you need a vent, I'd be obliged to exchange some pms. Good luck mommy.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I went through the same thing, my son is about to be two and my daughter just turned a month today. I had feelings of how was I going to juggle my time between the two of them and I still worry that Im not giving them each the attention they need. Even though I do my very best, my son is a mommies boy and having a new baby makes him a little jealous. But all the emotions I felt before I had her have gone now. :) Good luckk to you :D
    C.Parrish

Answer by C.Parrish at 1:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011