Home schooling

i want to home school my son and i was wondering if any of y ou ladies might know a group i could joing a place to find a good curriculm any advice. but at this point public school is not a option. at least till we move and find a better pulic school system!

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 11:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just search in the groups here on CafeMom, there are lots of homeschool groups. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like as well, my husband and I are both homeschool graduates and will homeschool our children. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, and I've got tons of relevant bookmarks I'd be happy to share.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i found a great book though our libarary...its called "i am! i can!- a preschool curriculum" by Grace Mitchell and Harriet Chmela. This is a quote from the foreword, "The authors' belief that the child's "I AM" will determine the success of his "I CAN"....." its has projects, stories, songs, all included as well as a sept -aug lesson plans.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• First, I would check with local churches; often many couples in churches home school, or there may be parent groups in a church that get together to home school. Search the Internet - there is a national home schooling organization - and they will have links to local branches; there are many. Check state laws about the requirements for reporting that you are home schooling; many states require that home schools must also take state competency exams. In some states, the home schooling parent must be a certified teacher. Go to www.homeschool.com for information. a site called 'timeforlearning' has a home schooling curriculum. You can to go any state department of Education site and obtain lists of what should be taught at each grade/age level. At most major bookstores, you can purchase "MYfirst grade workbook" or one of reach grade level. My best wishes to you.
    dreamalong

Answer by dreamalong at 2:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011