Just wanted to have a nice day at the beach, ended up stressing myself out beyond the max!

i'm a stay at home mom, we don't go places very often because money is tight. going to the local playground and pool gets redundant after a while, as does setting up the baby pool in the backyard. there is a beach about 15 minutes from here and i decided to take my kids today. i packed plenty of snacks, drinks, extra swimmers, wipes, towels, the works. i wanted to be prepared for anything lol. well my youngest (turned 18 months today) is stubborn as a mule. i can understand her wanting to run all over the beach like a crazy person, but trying to keep two eyes on three kids made me nervous. i still put up with it anyway, but about 10 minutes later my 2.5 year old said she had to poop. so now, i had to put everyone's shoes on, pack up all the sand stuff that her and my 4.5 year old had drug out to the beach. but as im trying to do this my 18 month old isn't sitting still and since she's totally fearless she kept running into the water, about to give me a damn panic attack. i just put everyone in the car and went home. it was really hot anyway. now i feel bummed that we couldn't just have a relaxing time at the beach :(

what was the last not so good idea you had?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Wow you're brave to even try it! I couldn't have done it. Our boys are 14, 8 and 7 yrs old, but when they were toddlers there was no way I could have done the beach, I would have had a heart attack,lol... You tried, that's all you could do, so now you know it's too much for you alone. Next time maybe ask a friend along, or wait until their older... Have playtime in the tub, get some bath tub crayons, markers, and let them play in there. Then you're at home in case any emergencies arise. You could also take them to a pool that has a separate baby pool that's fenced, then your little one can get in and out, and you can be right there without the worry of him/her going to far away..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I don't go to the beach by myself it is just too dangerous. Also when we go we try to stay near to the restrooms so one of us can take the kids there while the other stays with the kids..
    Talliana

Answer by Talliana at 12:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I always put life jackets on them if and when we went to the beach because it is alot of work at that age... but if you look at the bright side it was a day out of the ordinary and now that blow up pool in the back yard now has new meaning
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2011