Bulging bag of water?

I went to the doctors yesterday and the doctor had told me i was 2 cm, and my cervix was very soft. Instead of stripping my membranes she said she stretched my cervix. Then she said my water was bulging and that it will probably break.
my question is has anyone else experienced this? and how long did it take for it to break? This morning i woke up with the most extreme pain of him pushing down. Is this maybe a sign? Im due in 7 days :)

ekstar

Asked by ekstar at 12:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It might not break - just because it's bulging and doc said so doesn't mean it will ;). Mine was always bulging too but my midwife had to break it each and every time.
    Anonymous

• no i have not ill pray for u ok...........
    greens11

Answer by greens11 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It could break at any moment, or it could not.
    my doc stripped my membranes and it was about 14 hours later, my water broke.

Good luck :)
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2011