Are you more curt to people in a text than you would be if you called them?

I texted my family the other day because I needed a babysitter, my mother in law who never comes to visit her grandchildren in the first place had just watched my six month old, so she told me she had a schedule and she was not expendable. Well that made me a little angry so I was just a bit curt when I responded to her and I thought I probably wouldn't have been if I had called her. Do any of you have more courage being mean in a text?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Of course. I can be really mean in an email or text.
    Anonymous

• I don't think I do...in fact I think I'm probably the opposite. If somebody gets a little nasty in an actual conversation, I'm much more prone to snap back out of instinct and just not thinking before I talk...on a text or e-mail I at least have time to think and read what I'm saying.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• yeah, im guilty of expressing my feelings more when im typing or texting. If i had called someone and i was mad about it, i wouldnt of expressed it like i would texting, texting or typing is better then talking which reminds me of doing it face to face in a way.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh boy, my dd sure has "text-courage" when it comes to saying things that she would NEVER say verbally, and certainly NEVER, NEVER to my face!
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2008