Would you be upset if your sister was dating someone who bullied you in school

My sister is dating someone who bullied me in middle and high school:/ should I just forget about it since we are adults now & yes she knows this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't be upset. I'd probably be smiling inside. I'd know he deserved every bit of what she was going to give him, lol.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yeah, I'd say let it go. We're all different people as kids. I wouldn't be upset with my sister, but then I've not been in high school for over 20 years.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'd let it go.. it was a long time ago.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Um...Unless he or she is still doing it...It is time to get over HS..
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 12:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Well I'd try to ignore it because she is your sister. But honestly I'd question her judgement & wonder how he treats her in private. Yes people change but that is really basic behavior & someone who was the age he was understood right from wrong. Does she have a history of choosing abusive men? I don't mean he has to beat her but there are a lot of people who are emotionally abusive in their SO relationships.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 12:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• People change after high school....give him a chance.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes terrine she has a history of choosing abusive men her last boyfriend pushed her into a wall and bit her bottom lip-it was swollen with puss coming out ewww another one was in a shooting at a club- she told me some things about the person she is dating now- I can bet my last dollar he is the same ol materialistic bully that gets off by talking about others- she said he kept talking about how many cars he have and how well he dress--who cares;/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I meant verrrine
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• In that case, OP, him being a bully in middle/high school that would be my issue. I'd have a much larger problem with the fact that she gets herself into abusive relationships. Her current abuser having a past of tormenting me when we were children would seriously be the least of my worries.

Unfortunately, there is little you can do about her choice in SO.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was afraid you'd say that. She's an adult & can make her own lousy choices. Try not to say anything judgmental & be there for her when it falls apart. When it does fall apart, offer to pay for therapy. My sister can't see any patterns in what she does & she's been in therapy forever. At least it sounds like he's just self-absorbed & not like he'll beat her.
    Verrine

Answer by Verrine at 1:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011