Are there any other moms out there who like video games?

I'm just wonderin' because I hear a lot of moms complaining about their husbands or SO's gaming all the time. Are there any moms who actually LIKE video games? I do...blame it on my brother...he's the one who got me addicted to Tomb Raider in the first place. I like racing games too - especially Burnout Revenge!! Oooh and Mortal Kombat Deception! Best fighting game ever. Do you and your SO ever fight about whose turn it is next? Are there any video games that are your faves??

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 7:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I love video games. I don't do war and evil. But I have played everything from the Mario's to Doom. In fact I like Doom. I mostly like first person shooter's where what you are shooting at is not people. Such as Duke Nukem. Also I love all of the Lara Croft tomb raiders. I could play any of them for hours. In my case where I'm disabled it helps relive A LOT of stress and anger. Usually at my late husband. Daughters boy friends. ETC. Nope gaming is not just for men. Granmaw56

granmaw56

Answer by granmaw56 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• i kinda do but i don't like ever play them if women are so mad bout it why don't they join them
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• my SO and i used to be huge on the WOW (World of Warcraft) he went to college for game art/design so yes he's a huge on video games but we have rules about it my fave is still the comp. game WOW but it can be an expensive habit
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I like them too much. I played Ultima Online for 9 years. I tried Never Winter Nights, Diablo, and few others whose names I can't even remember.

My husband got me to play UO after we moved 1400 miles from home and I was lonely. We used to fight over whose turn it was to play, so he went out and bought a second computer so that we could play together.

I like online, multiplayer, rp games the most. I haven't played one since February.

Now, on the rare occasion that I play, I play Diablo with the children.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I like Burnout Revenge too!! lol, I begged for a DS and got one for my anniversary! I am a huge nerd and still love Tetris! I also still loe the Mario games too.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 7:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I only hate video games when my husband is hoggin' my t.v. time playing them. I am a t.v. addict so I enjow surfing the tube better, but I will play a video game occasionally. My hubby and son are video game addicts, so whenever they have a game they are both playing I make them go into another room to play. Yeah that's right we have a t.v. in every room so what? Ha just kidding.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I love Ninento. We have a WII now but not controllers for it, so, I don't play to much. But I play a lot of games on my PC now.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yeah, there's lots of women who like video games. Just not the ones whose husbands play them all the time to the exclusion of other things in their lives that should be more important.
    Anonymous

• I love the new Mortal Kombat vs DC and COD lol my favorite is Fight Night round 3 well all of them lol to many to name lol

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I love video games and my husband hates them!!
    CjsMama914

Answer by CjsMama914 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2008