Male Guinea Pig

We have a male Guinea Pig that is probably around six months of age. We've had him for about four months and he is just now starting to warm up to us. Two nights ago he was under DD's bed and I had my hand under trying to get him to come out and he kind of half crawled up my hand and stopped and, although I couldn't see really because of the darkness under the bed, I think he may have humped my fingers.

I pulled my hand back with an "ew" and then reached in and just grabbed him. On his underside from his chest to his butt was wet...plus there was a butterfly pillow under the bed that I pulled out and the tag that hangs off was soaked. Not thinking pee since HE was so wet, but wondering if maybe he ejaculated under her bed...!??!?!?!!! Is this normal?

I'm hoping to God that I'm just imagining things and it's not what it is appearing to be...

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pets

• If it was enough to soak him, it was probably pee- they can and do get pee on their bellies because they are so low to the ground. But male animals can certainly get frisky... my two guinea pigs are female, but before them I owned a male hedgehog who certainly did have quite the libido, in spite of no female hedgehogs being in the vicinity!

Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:04 AM on Jul. 14, 2011

• Could be, but IDK I have two females ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• most likely urine... but males live longer if they are neutered
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• If he was on the pillow and peed on it, it more than likely would have gotten him wet as well. I doubt he could preduce that much sperm to soak himself and the pillow.
    ashlet01

Answer by ashlet01 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• normal he needs a female
    WHITELIGHTJENNY

Answer by WHITELIGHTJENNY at 11:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2011

• i have 5 guinea pigs 4 females 1 male
    helpneededinCt

Answer by helpneededinCt at 9:13 AM on Jul. 18, 2011