I really need to vent out, sorry

my room mate thinks i have no idea on how to raise kids! she has four kids i only have three our kids are the same age and then she has a two year old. she hasn't had her 9 year old in her care for about or six years. and as far as i can tell she hasn't had her 6 and 4 for about three years. (don't know why never asked) but she seems to think that i don't know how to handle the kids in the kitchen. i have been a stay at home mom for the past 9 years. hubby has always had two or more jobs so he was hardly home so i'm used to having more than one kid under foot by myself. but she seems to tell me different. my kids have been on every single med that is out there for kids for alleregies since they were one. she tried to tell me how to give my girls their medicine. and the bad thing is she is five years younger than me! and she thinks she knows everything! she keeps saying that she's going to potty train her daughter, that i'm not going to be much help. hello i'm babysitting right now! i have her most of the week because she in classes and when she goes back to work she thinks she's going to be the only one who's going to be doing everything! it makes me so mad that she thinks i can't do anything! i raised three kids most of the time by myself because daddy was working his ass off so i could raise them! we made an agreement, when the girls were in school then i would go back to work, but until then i stay home. he doesn't want anyone else raising the kids, i do know what i'm doing. i just don't know how to make her listen to me! everything i say goes in one ear and out the other! as long as her mother's not here, i can get her to eat everything i give, when she's here the baby will only eat what she wants to cuz she knows mommy will make her a pizza. i just don't know how to handle this! she just won't listen to me! thanks for letting me vent.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sit her down and have it out. Tell her enough is enough, you need to get some things off your chest. And CALMLY tell her everything you need to tell her. Then, give some room to give. Expect her to try to fix her issues, but dont expect a dramatic change over night. And, when she is making an effort, tell her you see it and appreciate it.
    This is one of the things when you have more than one mom under the same roof....its hard, I know. Good luck!!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Ugh...roomates...
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 1:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011