How much do you typically spend on vet bills for your dog

Im considering getting one but wondering about the cost

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have saved alot in vet bills by turning to the internet to get answers..so far I spent $35 on a vet visit and shots, but it has only been 6 months
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just the yearly check-up is probably around $100, but then there's the license fees, the rabies shots, and any unexpected expenses. My dog Oscar had parvo as a puppy, that cost me about $6000... Now both my dogs are older, and have hip problems, their medication is about $150 every 90 days...

So basically, as long as your dog is healthy, it's not too bad. But if anything happens, it can get up there.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• my vet must be cheap! the well puppy check up was $25 and the rabies shot was $10
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'm sure it depends on where you live... I live in the SF Bay Area, EVERYTHING is more expensive over here, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• LOCATION effect your bills. The dog only goes to the vet once a year for his shots, check up, and registration. We have to pay the vet about 80 and the county about 40. (we pay it all at the vet) So the whole thing is about $120 for us.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was never told I had to pay the county anything..but every area is different
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• For his yearly exam it's usually about $150, including his heartworm pill. We also spend $30 a month on seizure meds. Another $100 for flea and tick meds a year.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I dropped $450 last week. That was for two dogs! One was neutered and put on heartworm preventive meds and the other had exrays, shots and put on meds. He is 15 and is slowly passing away! SAD
    mom2lilangels

Answer by mom2lilangels at 6:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2011