Do you buy this for your kids?

do you buy those lunchable things for your kids? i tried it once and the girls got mad cuz they thought it was a snack not lunch. they are used to have real sandwiches and a small side for lunch. they usually have either a small handful of chips, or a scoop of cottage cheese, or fruit or veggies. those things have only five crackers, five slices of cheese and meat and a small candy bar. how is that filling for the older kids? i want honest answers cuz i've been trying to get other's opinions on this for awhile.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• No- the meat is full of crap and the cheese is questionable to! They always want them though! They *might* get one once in a blue moon for lunch but I have to add a ton of fruit to it to fill them up and they are only 3 and 6!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No. They are so jammed with sodium and preservatives that I put them in the junk food category and don't feed them to my children.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No, I can buy cheese and meat and make my own snackable that is much healthier and cheaper than those things.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I do not buy them because of the sodium amounts. I'd rather make a snack plate with cheese and crackers. I agree with your kiddos. It's not a meal size, they are snack size.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I thought you guys might find this article about them interesting! HERE 

Anonymous

• My daughter only likes the nachos one. But we don't buy that one very often either because of the amounts of sodium in it. I would MUCH rather make her a cheese dip at home with reduced fat cheese, and homemade salsa with baked tortilla chips if anything. The lunch meat ones, we don't ever buy because they have trans fats, and the meats contain so many preservatives and nitrates it's horrible for a person's health.

Plus the fact that there is SO much "additives" in it. I took this from the article above. This is JUST the list for the ingredients in the turkey: ROAST WHITE TURKEY – CURED, SMOKE FLAVOR ADDED: WHITE TURKEY, WATER, POTASSIUM LACTATE, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF SALT, DEXTROSE, CARRAGEENAN, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SODIUM DIACETATE, SODIUM ASCORBATE, SMOKE FLAVOR, SODIUM NITRITE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.

Yuck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Not a chance! I bought one once and yikes the meat was slimey, and the cheese was i'm pretty sure not even real lol! I'd much rather buy meat, cheese etc and make it myself and know they're having something healthier.
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i don't buy them b/c of all of the bad ingredients. my boys wanted them, and i took them to look at them at the store, and the only one they really wanted was the build your own pizza. i bought all natural little pizza crusts, and gave them my own ingredients for toppings.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Those things shouldnt even be classified as food, they are full of crap, preservatives, is the meat even real? Or the "cheese" - probably not...that is not something I'd give my kid for a snack or lunch...yuck. Sorry.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My kids used to like them but they are like any pre-packaged food, expensive for what you get.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2011