What is the best way to potty train a little girl?????????

stephbaby009

Asked by stephbaby009 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Someone told me that if a child is ready, they can be potty trained in 3 days. It worked for my son, and I don't see how it would be any different for a girl. The first day, I made him sit on the potty every 30 minutes, whether he did anything or not. There were quite a few messes to clean up, but that got him to understand the connection between the urge to pee and the feeling of actually peeing, if that makes sense. The next day, I asked him to sit on the potty every 30 minutes to an hour, but I didn't push too hard if he really didn't want to; he had one accident that day. The third day, I stuck to asking him if he needed to go potty without actually telling him to sit on the potty, and he had one tiny accident from not getting to the potty fast enough. That was over the 4th of July weekend, and he hasn't had a single accident since.

But it will only work if your child is ready.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011