Would an errand service business be successful??? i know it depends on the area and income.... where could i advertise the business at

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure if you could call it that and be successful but calling it a personal assistant may help and sound more important. Or, you could advertise yourself a Rent a Spouse for single working people who need errands taken care of. Accentuate your office skills, efficiency, and domestic skills within the business communities or somewhere where single professional men congregate and you could probably do well. What metro area are you near?

Anonymous

• http://www.dreamweaverconcierge.com/services.html Here's an idea for you to start with, GL

Anonymous

• I know that disable people would love to have services like this.
    I do that for my parents a good bit. They sometimes offer me money.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think you coul start at your Church community (maybe they have a bulletin where you can advertise), the HOA of your neighborhood. If there are senior communities in your area, you could go there... Good luck!
    fairymom526

Answer by fairymom526 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have been looking into starting that type of business for about three years now. There are many places to advertise- Craigslist, Facebook, your local paper and magazines, join your chamber of commerce, direct mailing, etc. Something to look into is getting corporate clients. You could send an informational letter to a business announcing your services and how you could help them. I have done some extensive research and if you have any questions, you can pm me. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Well, before you worry about advertising, you need to research the market, learn what you can about errand services and write a business plan.

If you need help or just would like to network with other business owners, I invite you to join my business group.

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2011