Who was (or will be) in the room when you gave birth?

Some people prefer the experience to be specially shared only with their husbands or SO... Others enjoy sharing the experience with as many friends/family members that the room can hold. What's your preference?

Ash09855

Asked by Ash09855 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The first time it was my husband and my mom, the second time only my husband. If we ever had any more, no one but my husband would be allowed in the room.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• *1st daughter--My boyfriend & My Mom
    *2nd daughter--My boyfriend
    *3rd daughter--My boyfriend
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• *3rd daughter--& his mom.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• my first was my mom and my aunt,
    this one my SO and maybe my mom
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have 2 kids and the first time it was my s/o, his mom, my mom. 2nd was my s/o and me. any more and it will just be the so.
    prettynpink343

Answer by prettynpink343 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The first time, it was just my husband. The second time, it was my husband and my best friend.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• During labor...who wasn't in the room. I wanted the company...they all left when they checked me( not DH).
    During delivery it was only my DH and mom...but my dad would have been in there if I'd asked him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• First and second my mum and SO was there. Third was just my MW and my SO- if I could have prevented him from being there I would have. I'd have been better to go it alone without the distractions... That's how Cats do it, I say they've got the right idea!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• just s/o and me. i have no desire to share such an intimate moment with no one else- not even my mom.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Both times it was just my Dh when it came to push time. I did have visitors in the room as I labored. I wanted the birth to be an intimate moment for myself and DH. With my second no one came into the room until our DS had met and spent time with his sister and us as a family. It was important for me that we have time to bond as a small family unit first. then EVERYBODY was in there!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011