Christmas Over-rated??

Does anyone think that Christmas is over rated? Like it is more about gifts rather than good old family time.....Just curious on everyones thoughts about Christmas nowdays.

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 7:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• oh yeah i agree me and my family are close though but i have seen some that its all about the gifts
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• on my side of the family it's always more about the family get together and on his it seems like if you don't give THE BEST gift then you should have never even shown up...
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Totally overrated especially this year since the economy stinks and the stores are trying so hard to get you out there to spen your money.
    Anonymous

• IMO Christmas is what you make it. So in my house, No, Christmas is not overrated.
    Anonymous

• Well, I have gotten to the point where Christmas disappoints me. My in-laws only give gifts to you and your kids if you give gifts to them. I have made everyone well aware that this year I will be making their gifts, so they don't get mad when I don't spend any money on the kids. I don't think that it should revolve around gifts but it usually does, unfortunately.
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think its perceived as being more overrated than is the actual case. I don't know anyone personally who think its all about the gifts, family and time spent together be damned. For some, its the time spent shopping that is fun, as well... that doesn't mean the meaning is lost. I love finding the perfect special gift and I really enjoy watching my children open their gifts on Christmas morning. Christmas through a child's eyes is something magical.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It is about family time for us, that's what makes it great, and no of course it's not overrated. How could a wonderful day spent with family having fun be overrated. If you and your family make it more about gifts than togetherness, it's your own fault and you can't blame anyone else. It is what you make it.
    Anonymous

• I think I may have been misunderstood....I ask just for fun first off....and second off I never said that spending time with family was overrated...I think that the gift giving is overrated....I think that kids nowadays forget the real meaning of christmas and just think oh wow what did i get....I was just curious of what everyone thought....Didnt really want bad mouthed.....
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 7:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i think your over rated.
    Anonymous

• Who "bad mouthed" you?
    Anonymous