Family DRAMA!

First, inlaws show up to our house on short notice when FIL was supposed to help install something but failed to mention MIL's coming too. MIL showed up while LO was eating lunch and distracted him and said he's "eating good today" and then LO stopped eating his lunch. Then, I said he can play for a bit and then needs to nap, but he played for an hour and then finally MIL said she caught a wiff from his diapers, so I said it's time for me to change him and put him down for a nap. Well, whenever he naps later, he sleeps through his afternoon snack, which is supposed to nourish him.

Whenever MIL offers him anything to eat, it's usually processed toddler foods or fries or chips.

Then, today I was sleeping in a bit to rest my sore throat, so my dad called me asking me if it's alright to invite his sister and her family, so I said it doesn't matter, why are you asking me, and said I need to go rest.

I found out from my mom that he called me to ask if he can invite his sister and fam to MY son's birthday party!!!! My parents were the ones who were set againts my inviting my aunt and her family in the first place, and now he wants to because he doesn't want my MIL to ask about them (they're friends on Facebook)....ugh

So done with family drama!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• shruggingactually this doesn't sound too bad at all- it just sounds like frustrations but i would not classify this as drama per say.....

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree with Gwen.. doesn't really sound like drama.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Take a deep breath and smile because it sounds like everyone loves your son and thats the important issue!!I don't feel this is dramma just family stuff that happens!Have a great birthday party
    meme699

Answer by meme699 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree with meme...feel lucky your MIL comes around. Your child missing his afternoon snack isn't going to cause him to starve to death.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh Christ. One day visiting with grandma and having an off schedule isn't going to ruin your child for life. It's nice that she came to see her grandson, and here you are bitching about it.

And what's the big fucking deal about everyone being there for your son's birthday party? Everyone loves him and wants to show up. HOLY SHIT, A LOVED AND POPULAR IN THE CHILD FAMILY -- someone CALL SOMEONE TO SAVE HIM!

Lady, you have family drama because YOU are creating it.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 2:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• yeah, good point, but i'm VERY frustrated, to say the least...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oh I can totally see why you would be frustrated!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Family DRAMA! put a camara for those moments!!!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Doesn't sound so bad. You'll get through it just fine.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Take a deep breath. Ah. Family.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 5:25 PM on Jul. 13, 2011