How fast can you get pregnant after delivery?

Just wanting to know how fast you can or have gotten pregnant after delivering your baby? I have been chatting with a young lady and she says she has a 3mth old and is 11wks pregnant with twins. I just wondering if that is even possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have uncles that are 10 months apart, but regardless yes it is possible.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Its possible, thats why they tell you to wait. You are very fertile and need to heal back up.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Ok wasn't sure cause I have only heard of 10mths apart and that would put her 9mths apart! thank for replying!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• wow that is crazy, kinda feel sorry for her hope she has lots of help
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• you are your most fertile immediately after pregnancy according to my obgyn
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:06 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• After you give birth or have a miscarriage you are most fertile. Meaning that you are at a higher risk of getting pregnant. Thats why most doctors tell you to wait a certain amount of time before trying again. Thats also why they tell you not to have sex after you give birth until your 6 week check up. Your body needs time to heal.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Everyone is different, but my brother-in-law is a mere 13 months younger then my husband. So, my advice is be careful, unless you want your kids close in age, very close (Irish twin close ;)
    Sandy_Skrocki

Answer by Sandy_Skrocki at 2:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• poor her is all I can say... my DH and his brother are 9 mths apart, BIL was born in Jan, and my DH was born that Oct. MIL was pregnant when she went back in for her 6week checkup!
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 2:30 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• That is INSANE! being prego 18 months..... I would go nuts LOL. It is possible tho... I was in too much pain to try and have sex for 6 weeks after my son was born lol.
    baquick

Answer by baquick at 4:49 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i hope your friend has help too! my girls are 14 months apart, and it was very difficult in the beginning, now it is easier because they play together.
    gina1280

Answer by gina1280 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011