I'm not one for going to the doctor...***updated

However, my lower back started hurting yesterday, really bad.

I didn't lift anything heavy and don't feel muscles tightened up.

My DH thinks it's a nerve. Anyone else have this problem?

So, went to a chiropractor.  Hips are out of line, and I have nerves sticking out everywhere.  She said there is a lot of damage and a lot of inflamtion.  I'm not suppose to lift anything, vaccum, sweep, mop, bend, pick up laundry baskets...nada!  I ask for a note because my DH will not believe it.  HAHA.

I am glad I went, she popped my hips and got them in line, so the pain isn't near as bad.  Sometimes, I still have pain shooting my my right leg, but I think she's going to tell me to go to PT.  BAH...I'm 26 years old and falling apart gals!

However, I have no idea what caused the damage.  The only thing tramatic that happened to me was I was in a car wreck my senior year in HS (9 years ago).  But, haven't had any problems with it. 

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• I also hate going to the doctor. I haven't been in several years ... since about 2007.

It sounds like it could be a nerve ... have you tried alternating heat and ice? That usually helps mine.

You may have to break down and go to the doctor.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My husband had a problem like that.. docs just put him on pain med.. so we went to chiropractor.. he cleared it right up after a few treatments.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Take a morton with food, put ice or heat depends which one feels the best on your back. And sit down for a little bit.

Always ice when you just get injured.

If pain gets worse than go to the doctor.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have back problems also and it depends on where it is located as to what it is if you want email me with more information and I'll give you as much help as possible. No matter what it is it is nothing to play around with and if nothing else go to the doctor and have them check you over. I have a pinched nerve in my back and it hurts like heck; I have to go to the chiropractor once a week to alleviate the pain
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• my dh is a chiro, and we would rather see you sooner than later!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Does the pain shoot down one cheek of your butt or down your leg? That is sciatica. The sciatic nerve gets compressed. There are a number of reasons people get back pain. That is just one example. Arthritis, bone spurs, pulled muscles, or just sleeping the wrong way can trigger this. Best thing to do is get checked by your doctor. Hope you feel better. In the mean time try a heating pad and see if that helps. :)
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 7:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• This is a time to skip the doc - go see a chiropractor, the sooner the better!
    Anonymous