Should I take him to the Doctor?

My son has these spots all over him that look like bug bites and some of them are HUGE. Some of them are tiny though... He has more every time I see him...normally I would not be concerned but no one else has the spots...if they were bugs at least one other person would probably have them. The kids share a room and he got them inside. He also has a very bad cough and has a history of getting rashes associated with viruses and other illnesses when other people would not. Also, there is not like a center to the spots as you would expect with a bite...Am I over-reacting?

BetcCarter

Asked by BetcCarter at 2:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Does he have a fever? Has his demeanor changed (is he himself)? Is he eating and drinking and keeping it all down? Any Diarrhea- Be prepared the office will ask all of these questions when you call- How old is he? Old enough to complain of pain/discomfort and answer questions?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• He has a bad cough, he has a history of rashes, and nobody else has any spots like he does... Yeah, I'd say that definitely warrants a doctor visit.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• not at all, clear house of family and check all over the room for some sign of some insect to cause this and definitely take him to the doc
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• you should really get the house looked over by a professional to find out what the heck is attacking him
    gottalovemal

• He is fully vaccinated? How old is he?

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Good questions Sisteract! He doesn't have diarreah but he has thrown up a few times. I think he has a fever...I cannot find my thermomater:( We just moved so we don't have a doctor. I am on the phone with an office now trying to get an appointment for him.
    BetcCarter

Comment by BetcCarter (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011