Mamas with Daughters...What age did you start potty training??

My daughter just turned one and has a chair that she plays with but i'm just letting her get used to it right now. Just curious what the average is for girls and potty training!

Nolas.Mommy

Asked by Nolas.Mommy at 7:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• started at about 18 mo. just b/c she seemed ready
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• im gonna start after xmas..shes 19 months..and just because she hates to wear her diapers...dont force,
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• They say two, but I wanted to start my daughter at 18 months b/c she seemed ready. We couldn't for a lot of reasons, like we were in the middle of a move and all kinds of other things. So it would've been too much for her. But I think they say the best age is 2 years.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 7:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• 2. Just remember once you start if you stop and then try to restart it will confuse the bejeezus out of them. So whenever you decide be consistant and don't stop.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I got the potty just after she turned one. We talked about it and read story books off and on over the next year but she would never sit on the potty for more than a second before jumping up and running away, laughing. I was not about to force her to sit - that seemed counter-productive and cruel. She was finally willing to sit on the potty and seemed to "get it" at about 27 months. So that's when we started.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I started around the time they turned 2. I didn't really push it until they were 2 1/2. Even with that the oldest two weren't potty trained until after their 3rd birthdays. My oldest was 3 years, 2 months and my middle daughter was 3 years, 8 months. My youngest daughter will be 3 in April and has been using the potty for a month now. We started trying with her a few months ago. She got the idea but had this major fear of the potty.
    Then last month I just looked at her one day and said she was wearing her undies and using the potty and that was final. She said okay and we never looked back. Four weeks later and she now uses it with no help...all by herself.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• My daughter has sat on the potty with no success since before she was 2. She's just over 2 1/2 now and still has not peed in the toilet...but she sits at least once a day. I'm waiting for that first "pee" in the potty because I know once she does it, she'll get the whole idea. Then I'll start being consistent with it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I started the day after my daughter turned 2. She seemed ready and apparently she was because she was potty trained in two weeks.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• We started using the toilet when she was very young and sitting her on the potty seat once she could sit by herself. We'd praise her if she peed and did nothing if she didn't. By 9 months she was refusing to poop in a diaper and by 15 months she was totally day and night potty trained.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2008