Would you have said something?

I'm in the convenience store at 8 am. Two boys (around age 8) in there filling up large water jugs with pop on their way to baseball tourney. Their mom is standing there watching them. Would you have made a comment?

To clarify, I wasn't worried they were stealing.  Simply concerned about that much pop for a couple of reasons - 1) it certainly isn't healthy and 2) it is very hot here (over 100) and pop doesn't keep you hydrated well.

Mom2Just1Kiddo

Asked by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 2:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Just seen your clarification: MIND YOUR OWN *** BUSINESS! For real people are we in that much of a police control state! I bet you support the dr that wants to remove children from their homes just because the child is obese.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i wouldn't have said anything because it's not MY job to parent other people's kids. mind your own business.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Why in the world would have said anything?

Maybe they were responsible for bringing the soda this week. Maybe it was the after game party. Maybe this, maybe that. You have NO idea and shouldn't be sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong.

Sheesh! Just because you (general) don't let your kids have A, B, or C doesn't mean everyone has to parent like you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• seriously?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Its none of your business or mine.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Absolutely NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Even if they weren't going to a basketball tournament ( which I have to wonder how you would know that), it's none of your concern! I don't allow my kids to drink soda, but I could care less what others do.
    mjande4

Answer by mjande4 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• To the parent? No. Or were you concerned they were stealing? If that were the case I could see tipping the clerk off.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Who the hell cares? What were you going to say? You should not let your kid drink pop? Or tell the kids they can't be filling up their cups? I'm sure the clerk would have been more then able to handle the situation and would have been able to charge them for the drinks even if it wasn't in the cups the store provided. I go in with my VERY LARGE coffee cup and will it up with coffee instead of using the store cups. Would you have said something to me too? Seriously... Really what is there to say? What is the issue?
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Oops baseball not basketball
    mjande4

Answer by mjande4 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• No, if the mom knew what they were doing it's none of your concern.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011