Would your feelings be hurt if you were invited to a party last minute?

My SIL is getting married soon and just sent me a short email to let me know there is a bachelorette party tomorrow evening. All it said was "Bachelorette party tomorrow. 7 at (location)." My feelings are a little hurt. lol I just can't imagine that this just came into planning now, and maybe it's just me but this "invitation" feels more like a "Oh yeah, guess I have to invite you too." LOL I hate to nit pick at the small things, but would anyone else feel the same? I mean, I've had things slip my mind and given less notice for things than I know I should have. But damn...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup it does hurt my feelings. My sister flat out didn't invite me to her wedding until my mom and dad said something to her then she invited me the day before her wedding. I still didn't attend. She clearly didn't want me there.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Well I'd be happy, for that last minute notice would be my OUT. I got word of my SILs bachelorette party months ago, and I DO NOT WANT TO GO. She'll have a cow if I don't go (for she gave PLENTY of notice) and take it out on my DH-her brother. I guess I am no help.

Anonymous

• My cousin invited me last minute.. her friends threw it, they didnt know me. When my cousin found out she was having one the next day, she called me.. it was kinda a suprise thing
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes, I would extremely irked..........sounds like "Oh yea, if I invite her I can get another gift! "
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Maybe she just found out about it herself? The MOHs usually plan those.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Nah, I wouldn't be hurt. Annoyed at the last minute thing and I would just tell her that I'm sorry but I have plans and I can't make it, but thanks for the invite and leave it at that.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• She may just have not invited people in the normal way you think should be done. Different strokes for different folks. If you don't want to go, then don't go, I think Spirited said it best, be polite and tell her you have to decline the invitation but thank her for inviting you...
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I just wouldn't go.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• She didn't have to invite you at all and you're assuming she's being mean spirited. Go if you want to go...I would.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 5:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I plan things for bachelor and bachelorette parties all of the time. They are often last minute, thrown together events. I would assume you got invited as soon as your SIL got the information. That or her friends planned it, and they didn't know to invite you.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 6:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011