How can I help in the search of a missing woman?

At 2 AM on Tuesday a woman I knew was seen at a 7-11 and has not been seen since. She has young children, family and friends who are missing her. I wasn't friends with her though we were friendly when we'd run into each other and had mutual friends. I've re-posted news links on Facebook and Twitter but I feel like since this is someone I know personally that I should be doing more. Police believe that she did not go missing willingly, they believe someone took her since her phone, keys, and other items were found in her car sitting outside her apartment - so they know she made it home but not into her apartment or else she would have brought those things in with her.

anon1986East

Asked by anon1986East at 2:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Volunteer

So sad! I hope she's found unharmed.
    Anonymous

• I would contact the police department and ask them directly. find out if a search team has been initiated. if one has, find out how to join. if there isn't one, start your own - but ask the p.d. to point you in the right direction.
    ShannyLouisiany

Answer by ShannyLouisiany at 2:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• That's a great suggestion Shanny! What about her family? Have they iniated anything?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I'm not sure how involved her family is in the search, I'm getting info little by little from my cousin who was good friends with her. I like the suggestions, I will call my cousin and either call the PD together or drive over there.
    anon1986East

Comment by anon1986East (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Maybe you could write a letter to the editor...but yes...either the police or a private detective
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Volunteer to help whenever and wherever you can.
    I hope she's okay; there are so many of these lately it's frightening.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thank you for the suggestions, tonight there is a gathering of sorts to go around town with flyers and to ask neighbors if they remembered anything else. There was also a possible sighting of her in a neighboring town but the police haven't been able to confirm if it was her. To my surprise several psychics have come forward and they've stated they believe she is being held somewhere between our town and three towns over. The woman's mother has been contacting news stations since they've failed to comment on that fact that the missing woman would stand out because she is covered in tattoos and piercings, her mom is hoping that if the news outlets get that info out there will be less mistaken sightings.
    anon1986East

Comment by anon1986East (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2011

• She has been found! A search party found her locked up in a shed near her old apartment, she'd been beaten and drugged and could not use her legs but the doctors believe it is only temporary and that she'll make a full recovery!
    anon1986East

Comment by anon1986East (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Jul. 15, 2011