Xanax

I was just put on xanax (well got the generic brand..its cheaper) and I was wondering who is taking it and if they like it..

momnc28341

Asked by momnc28341 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Health

• If you are taking it for extreme anxiety, it will not make you tired. it really only knocks out the people who don't need it.

But, even though you are taking it for therapeutic reasons, if you stay on it for any length of time, your body will become dependent and you will go through some people nasty withdrawal when you stop. It is inevitable.

Do what you need to do to get you through, though. Sometimes, the withdrawal is worth it becaus eyou really really need help.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I took xanax for several years, was also on zoloft. Be careful with it, as it is HIGHLY addictive. Do not drink while taking it either... it does not like to be mixed with alcohol. I wouldn't worry about being tired, especially with such a low dose. You should be fine. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I was on Xanax for a little while a few years ago. I stopped taking it because the prolonged use affected my moods - it made me ANGRY.
    ShannyLouisiany

Answer by ShannyLouisiany at 3:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Xanax can be your friend. But it doesn't like you to play with others, so no alcohol. I would take them but my doctors won't prescribe them to me...they offer me zoloft. Nah...not the same at all
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I like it, be careful and don't let yourself get used to it, and DON'T mix it with other drugs or too much alcohol.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Im suppose to take my first pill, which is like 1mg, tomorrow when i get to work. (cause he doesnt want me driving before i take it) but im worried about being tired while at work
    momnc28341

Comment by momnc28341 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think that dosage should be fine. Good luck mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• That dosage should be fine. It is absolutely true what the previous poster said, prolonged use makes you really angry; I had to stop taking it for that reason.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 3:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I took xanax for a long time before switching to a different med. might i suggest you take the first one while you are at home so that you will be prepared for any side effects where you are safe? Xanax works really well once your body gets used to it, but the first pill I took knocked me out for six hours... the next day I was fine taking it.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Thank you for all your answers! I wonder if I should wait until Sunday morning to take it, since I am off that day and he is wanting me to take it in the mornings......
    momnc28341

Comment by momnc28341 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jul. 13, 2011