Halloween birthday theme ideas

My youngest son is born 3 weeks before Halloween and i would love to do his 1st birthday party in a Halloween theme. I have decor for the inside and the outside of our house for halloween and I have his cake sort of picked out but don't know what to choose and still debating if i should put him and his brother and have the other kids dress up in their costumes too.
For the cake my idea was a regular cake with Black writing the says Happy 1st Birthday Logan. on each end of the cake i either want orange number ones, or pumpkins and a black cat in the center of the cake right under the words. Any other Ideas for the cake.
Should i put on his costume or by a shirt or make a shirt that says Birthday boy.
Any other ideas i can do for his first birthday party i know i have little over two months but i want to start thinking about it

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that's a great idea for a birthday that is around Halloween! I love the idea of having all of the kids wear costumes. It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My son was born on Halloween and i still don't know what to do? All of of our family is back in Minnesota and were in Texas. Dont have the money to fly back either.

Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 3:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I think it would be cute to have all of the kids dress in costumes and then get other members of the family to sit in other rooms of the house and let the kids trick-or-treat. My birthday is actually on Halloween and that's what my mother did for my 1st b-day. She had all of the kids dress up and we trick-or-treated in the house. I don't really remember it but the pictures are adorable.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I wish MY birthday were that close to Halloween!! You could make him a round, orange pumpkin smash cake an make little cupcakes fir everyone else!!! you could do SO many things with cupcakes!!! also, as an alternative to having all the babies/kids dress in their costumes, (in case some don't have costumes yet or perhaps wont if they don't celebrate Halloween) provide little Halloween themed masks.
    ShannyLouisiany

Answer by ShannyLouisiany at 3:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• draculasomething kid friendly like scooby doo ?

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• for the cake: you can do spider webs in the black icing and sprinkle with candy corn for color.. maybe a few pumpkins along the sides. I think costumes are cute if you are having a lot of little ones there.. menu items could be :

apple bites

carrot fingers

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• hot dog mummies

mini witch broom

for snacks ^^

for sides and entrees ...

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:41 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• check out here for other party ideas

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• you should totally have the kids dress up
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 8:13 AM on Jul. 14, 2011