How do I get my 1 year old to start sleeping in her crib again???

Well to start her daddy decided to put her into bed with us a couple of times and she got use to it. Now you cant put her in her crib at night only nap time which I dont get. Anways, at night someone has so lay with her in order for her to fall asleep. I have putting her in her crib and she cries but her dad goes and grabs her and lays with her. I tell him to quit but he says he feels bad for her crying, but I tell him its ok for her to cry. I dont know what to do. She really needs to start sleeping in her crib again. Can anyone give me some advice to help her?

bellesmommy2010

Asked by bellesmommy2010 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put her in her crib, but stay with her until she falls asleep. It might take a while and she may not like it but if you are determined to have her sleep in her crib again it will take some time on your part. It may seem easier to just give in, but it will be easier to break her of this habit now than later.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There's not but one way, and that's to put her in the crib and let her stay there until she falls asleep. Of course, she will cry, because that's how she gets what she wants. The best thing might be to send Daddy out to the store at bedtime for a few nights, until she becomes accustomed to putting herself to sleep in her own bed!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Yes she needs to start. Have you ever watch super-nanny. She says to put the kids back in their crib and parents sit on the floor with their backs turned and not saying anything and ignoring the child. Eventually she will fall asleep in her cirb and when she wakes up praise her and say good girl for sleeping in your own bed. Do that for a week and use a sticker chart and every time she sleeps at night in her own bed she gets to put a sticker on it and at the end of the week she can get a big reward. she might like the reward at the end of the week she will keep sleeping in her bed. eventually you can stop when you know she is doing it all the time
    But your husband has to work with you, you can't do it alone. Have him sit with you facing both of your backs and you both walk out of the room together. GOOD LUCK
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• As long as she is clean, fed and dry, leave her in there. She's only crying because she knows if she does someone will come comfort her. Let her there. It may take a week or so but everyday the crying will be less and less until she realizes that her crying isn't working anymore and she's not getting what she wants. Of course no one wants to see their baby crying like that but if you want her to sleep in her own bed thats the way to do it. Sorry dad!
    SJMamma11622

Answer by SJMamma11622 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2011