My son is a homebody!

Any else have this problem? He is socially fine in school, involved in football, basketball, baseball, but never seems to care to call anyone. If someone calls him he does go and do stuff. He is 13. He is very laid back, and I have been thru HECK with my older one so I am sure not pushing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• My 13 year old is the same way.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 7:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well thank goodness runawaybunny! I feel better now! Thank you!
    Anonymous

• Oh ya! Mine's 15 now but was the same way. He was and still is involved in Football and Wrestling and wouldn't every leave the house if he wasn't doing something with a school function or his friends talked him to going out. Now...he's always gone. He's got a lot more friends and a girlfriend. It's mostly about the girlfriend though. Now....I wish he were home more...it's Murphy's Law.....LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had one t13 yr old whom I thought must have a phone magnet in his ear because it was always there. My last 13 yr old,both boys, never talked on the phone much at all. I think it's just different kids. Different rates of growth.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was like that when I was around that age =] I was just shy, I didn't want to bother anybody. If someone called me though, I'd go out and do stuff. No bigge ^-^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I don't think that's a bad thing.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I was like that. Tons of friends, plenty of activities, but at home, I was reading or listening to my music, only on the phone if they called me, stuff like that. I think, as long as his grades are good, and you know he has friends, it's fine. I would really only worry if he suddenly doesn't have friends or his grades started to slip or something.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Being a teen homebody is not all that bad. As long as you don't see signs of distress, don't fret. I was a homebody teen. I was fine. He prolly is too.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2008

• Let him be. He has lots of interaction and guy time at practice and games and traveling to games. Let him have the space and relaxation at home. If he is competitive he is probably always on, so it is nice to be just relaxing at home. He will be just fine that way.
    Anonymous

• Down time is needed. It is like after a long busy day you just want to come home get comfy and relax.

myzero

Answer by myzero at 5:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2008