1 year old Cold

Anyone have any tips on treating the common cold? Son is too young for any meds...I appreciate any tips that have worked for you

SJSMOMMA

Asked by SJSMOMMA at 2:57 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• saline nose drops. loosens the mucus in the nose and helps relief itchy throat too. and Tylenol works wonders just for in general feeling bad.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Have you called your ped? Mine always let me give mine a small dose of benadryl to dry them up once/twice a day. There is also a Vicks BabyRub that helps.

Answer by missanc at 3:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I always give my son a bath before bedtime to clear his sinuses, then I put baby vicks on his chest, back and feet. I also use a humidifier. It seems to help him sleep better.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• saline nose drops are non medicated and can help loosen congestion. Humidifier's help as well (if you don't have one, you can sit on the floor in the bathroom and run a hot shower.. don't put the baby in the shower obviously, you just need to sit in the room with the steam). Some vicks baby rub on the feet can help..

if he has a fever you can alternate tylenol and mortin, however call your doctor for their recommendations on dosing.

and most of all, cuddle, let him sleep if he's tired, keep him hydrated as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011