How do i not stress so much?

mrsparamo

Asked by mrsparamo at 2:59 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• remember that all things will be regardless of how much we stress over them and learn to live with the fact that ALL things just aren't gonna always be peachy. :)
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:02 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• true thank u
    mrsparamo

Comment by mrsparamo (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• #1 thing for me was, when I realized that NO ONE is perfect... I stopped stressing over a clean house, every bill pd on the exact timing, every favor that someone ask me to do- didnt have to say yes, toss the perfectionism out the window, no one else is... kwim.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's hard not to stress and worry over things happening in our lives. All we can do is try to fix things one at a time. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• When I want to be overwhelmed I think. now what will stressing about this change for me in this situation.. NOthing.. so I breathe deep and let it go.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• they all sound good all try to tak e a deep breath and relax thanks
    mrsparamo

Comment by mrsparamo (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere". A big thing is to realize that the mind is what determines your emotions. Control your thoughts and those committees in your head. Alot of times all that is needed is to stop a thought and replace it with a good thought. Future and past tripping can be dangerous and painful, just take this moment and live it like it were your last. :-) hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• For me, I have to step back and figure out what it is I *can* control and what it is I can't. There is no sense obsessing over what I can't. It is not productive and in fact, can be quite counter productive. Instead I focus in on what i *can* control. I figure out what it is *I* can impact and how I can do so without making myself crazy in the process. Having some control over a situation can go a long way in lowering stress - realizing that I can't control the rest goes a long way towards growing peace.

Last year DH found out his company was going to be acquired and lay-offs were likely. We could not control the merger. We could not control the lay-offs. We could, however, comb want ads, reach out to our contacts and work on a job search. He found a new job before the merger was complete. His job *was* eliminated at the old place but we had been proactive in what we *could* control in a way that paid off.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• What r u streesing about
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 3:50 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• for me.. when the kids go to bed.. I sometimes take a nice warm bubble bath with some salts, light a few candles, have a glass of wine and bring along a book.. it takes my mind off of everything else around me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:01 PM on Jul. 13, 2011