How do prepare for birth?

I don't know how to drive and I'm not able to attend birthing classes because my husband works all day. I live in NC don't know anyone around here just want to be well prepared for my first baby. please ill take any suggestions

gigi519

Asked by gigi519 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Books!! Have someone pick up the book :What to Expect When You're Expecting. Its a GREAT book to help you prepare for everything pregnancy related, and has an awesome section on labor :) Also, the book: What to Expect the First Year, really rocks. Are you going to doctor appointments? Your OB can also help you, and give you information as well. Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:13 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Relax if you start stressing now you are gonna be stressing when you go into labor and thats not good for you or the baby. If you are worried about a ride when you go into labor have the number for the ambulance ready.
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 3:15 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• TARRAR yes I am going to appointments I'm a really shy person but I need to talk to my OB about this on my next app. I am going to look for those books I have nothing better to do so reading will keep me occupied thank u for ur help

MOMAND4KIDS yes i was very worried being my first but the ride to the hospital I think I got that ready just the actual being prepared part I don't do to well with pain but for the baby I'll do anything thank u.
    gigi519

Comment by gigi519 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I agree with reading books! They helped me out so much with my first child, I didnt know a thing about birth or raising newborns! And What to Expect When You're Expecting is a excellent book! It was my favorite.
    C.Parrish

Answer by C.Parrish at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I live in NC also :) What part do you live in?
    C.Parrish

• C.PARRISH i am in Jacksonville and you? I need to go buy this book already lol I just hope my husband understands why I'm buying it!
    gigi519

Comment by gigi519 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• read books ask friends and family that have had children..
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Just relax. I just had my first 4 months ago. I was so nervous. The best thing to do is trust your doctor and the nurses. You will be depending on the nurses in the hospital for everything. They do this every day. They are good. Relax and they will help you through it. And enjoy every minute that you can. It's not a day at the spa, but the end result is SO MUCH BETTER.
    Mom2Joana

Answer by Mom2Joana at 11:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2011