Does everyone go through this? Obsessive young love.

Every boyfriend I had when I was young, middle school, high school, I thought was the one, and I swore up and down to my parents that I was SOOO in love with them, and I became so overly attached I would ignore my friends, and it was all about them, nothing else. I look back and laugh now, I guess my 14 year old cousin is going through this right now, but since I grew up an only child, just wondering if all girls go through this? Do boys do it to?

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 7:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i never really thought i was in love an there was only one boy i used 2 go krazy over but we were just friends even now i don't think i have found love
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I'm sure we all do at some level. When you're young you're in a hurry to grow up and have adult relationships and being "in love" is so glamorized that I don't think you truly appreciate the time you have to date and explore and be "light".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh man... I did it. I was "engaged at 16" and caused my parents all kinds of grief. My 16 year old sister is doing it now... my SIL didn't go through that though. There's hope! haha
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think everyone does at some point. I definitely did it with my first boyfriend, ugh. I swore that I was going to marry him *rolls eyes* He's a douche, I'm SO glad I didn't end up with him.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh yeah. I remember telling my boyfriends when I was 13 that I loved them the second day we were together! And we would ALWAYS be together -- 4 days later we were broken up! LOL! I miss those years! =)
    Anonymous

• I had a lot of boys say they loved me as soon as we decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend and it would freak me out so I would break up with them. I was all about the movie stars at that age I was so in love with the boys of New Kids On The Block. Oh man when they were popular no boy in my school could win my heart. Then later it became Jonny Depp man I had a huge crush on him for years, but never any boys at my school. I grew up in a small town and knew almost every boy there all my life so maybe that is why I don't know.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 8:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• oh gosh! i wanted to say "i love you" to every boyfriend i had! and yeah i loved being around my guys and could care less of my friends.

i remember i was so in love with one of my ex's that when i went over to my friend's house (thats the only way i could be with him), i would try to spend time with her but i was really looking for him all the time, couldnt keep my mind off of him!

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had only one real boyfriend in high school, and even now as a grown woman I can say I was really in love with him. We were obsessed with each other and lasted until my early 20s.

I don't look forward to my daughters going though that.
    Anonymous

• My 16 year old brother swears he is "in love" even talk of wanting to marry his girlfriend. She is 14. I liked a new boy every other day. I didn't think I was in love though. I had logic. If I don't know what love is then obviously asking the question means I am not in love. LOL! But then again I wasn't popular and never had a boyfriend until I was 18.
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I never went through that. I knew the boys I dated in high school weren't the ones. The only person I have ever felt to be the one ended up marrying me and being my husband. My hubby was the same way about me. He was engaged before but only because the girl made him and my hubby is a bit of a push over.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2008