Natural birth after two csections?

I have had two csections but now I'm thinking I may want more kids then the number of csections I can have has any one had or nOw anyone who has have done this befor ...by dr says he will do up to five csections if ur up to it but me and my husband r thinking 6-8 kids

Littlemomma174

Asked by Littlemomma174 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do know that women can have more c-sections than 2... I know ladies who have. Im not sure the risk of having vag. after 2 csections though, that would be depending on your medical history and the dr.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have had 2 c-sections and I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. This time will be a c-section as well. I asked my doctor about having a vag birth after 2 c-sections but was told no because they noticed my uterus had thinned a lot at my last c-section. So, guess I will be having a scheduled c-section :)
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 3:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I too have had 2 C-Sections, & the second one wasn't my choice. My Dr didn't want to risk the health of my son or myself. I did want a natural birth, but my Dr didn't agree. ,<_>
    Priestess13

Answer by Priestess13 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I had a vaginal birth after two c-sections and it was the best experience of my life. I had to fight for it. Doctors are much more willing to do VBACs after 1 section than they are 2. However, the VBAC group on CM is one of the BEST places to get information regarding this, as many women have had vbacs after 3 or more c-sections. I am so glad I fought for and pushed for it (literally!)
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My doctor said no way she would recommend a VBAC after having 2 c-sections. I asked because I wanted to try, but nope, 3rd c-section it was.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• you are going to have to fight for your VBAC. A friend of mine had her first 2 children cesection. Her 3rd child she tried to go VBAC through the hospital but the closer she got to the birth the more things they took from her birth plan(things like she had to have constant monitoring and would have to stay in the bed...no way you can do it natural strapped down).. So she had a homebirth w/ a CPM. Her 4th child she had as a VBAC at home as well.  Check out some VBAC groups and google the ICAN network

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• The risks of a vaginal birth after 2 C-sections is only moderately higher than after 1 C-section. The official ACOG recommendation is that VBA2C is still preferable to a 3rd C-section.

You will have to fight. Many women have to fight for a VBAC after just 1 C-section. But from experience, I can tell you it's worth it. Do your research, and look for a doctor who cares what you want. Start looking now, and if you get pregnant before you find one you're comfortable with, keep looking; I switched doctors at 32 weeks pregnant with my second. Visit the VBAC Moms group, the ICAN website, and VBAC.com for some good starting places.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2011