How can i make my morning sickness lighten up i have it severly?

i puke every morning and wake-up several times durring the early morning to puke i am getting kinda tired of it so i was wondering if any of you found anything that helped a little .

BellaLane

Asked by BellaLane at 7:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• fresh air. crackers...well, for me, pop tarts worked good cause it was dry, and sweet. lol
    but my morning sickness was so bad, i couldnt keep anything down for about 2 days. not even water. and when i went to the ER, they gave me these little orange pills, and i would take them RIGHT after i ate, and it helped me keep my food down. i wasnt nasaus, nothing... it worked great. i dont remember what it was called, but you can ask your doctor about it.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• peppermint works wonders
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• hi ask your doctor for a prescription for zofran or phenergan. both meds work really well. i am a nurse so i know about these things. zofran is expensive, but works really well. phenergan makes you really sleepy. hope this helps and hope you feel better :o)
    newmommy79115

Answer by newmommy79115 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Those wristbands for motion sickness worked for my nausea! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• i was sick the WHOLE pregnancy with my daughter. I even got sick durin the surgery. I would wake up all hours of the night and day. Anything i ate would come back up. Its no fun at all. Im sorry to hear that. i know that i would sleep on my couch sitting up but kind of leaning on the arm of the couch, sometimes that would help. Or suck on a lemon, my softball couch told me that one. I hope i could help!
    madreat20

Answer by madreat20 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I've tried everything in my first pregnancy. I threw up 6 times a day.... and after vommiting, I didn't feel any better...I was nauseated 24/7. It was awful. I'm pregnant again and they gave me zofran which helped only for a few hours, plus, I don't like to take any medication so I stopped taking it since it didn't work it's full time (8 hrs). How far along are you? I can say it will get better or it may stay the same or get worse...it's different for every woman... depends how well you tolerate the changes in your body (high hormone levels). Hope you feel better!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I have had "morning sickness" all day and night. Not just mornings. I found that eating small meals and pretty much eating something regardless of weather you "feel" like it or not helps. Early on I eat what I know my stomach can handle. I try to snack on peanuts for protein. It helps. Crackers always makes me gag if i am already feeling sick. Each person is different. Just listen to your stomach. For me this pregnancy I can eat Mexican food morning, noon and night!
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• You could also try peppermint. I swore by it. With my first two I lived on candy canes.....really. Before I would get out of bed I'd pop on in my mouth. My last pregnancy though they didn't work so I used the peppermint stride gum ( you suck on half a piece).
    Peppermint has been know to help with nausea. I had always thought they have you mints at restaurants so you didn't have bad breath after your meal. Although that's part of the reason... they also give them out because most people eat too much when they go out to eat.
    Any way... I hope this helps or any other of the ideas posted helps. Being sick isn't fun.
    Angel_Eyes1313

Answer by Angel_Eyes1313 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Before you sit up in the morning have some crackers. Then you need to get up and eat breakfast. Gatorade helps. You have to monitor your blood sugars and not let them drop. Nibble all day. That is what worked for me.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• they say ginger helps. When I was preg my entire diet consisted of ginger ale and saltines. Only thing I could eat past 3pm that didn't come up when I got sick at 5pm. I'd also try sucking on peppermint candy.. it lasts a while so you feel relief longer, or even those after dinner mints that disintegrate into your mouth.. those helped me. I drank lots and lots of ginger ale tho.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008