is it normal for a women to not have a period after first child by c-section,it's been six months already,and NO i'm not expecting another!

i haven't had a period since i've had my first child,and i was just wondering why that could be?

itsontheway

Asked by itsontheway at 7:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you breastfeeding? I know that can delay your period. Sometimes it just takes awhile for your cycle to get back into the swing of things.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have my period for 3 months after giving birth by c-section. I was and still am breastfeeding.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I had my first be c-sec too I didnt bleed at ALL after leaving the hospital and I didnt have a period for almost 3m. And I wasnt breast feeding.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I didn't have a period for 10 months while breastfeeding but watch out because I got pregnant right after that.
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I ebf and I didn't have a period for 18 months after giving birth. I am assuming the hormones respond the same whether it is vaginally or c-section.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I did not have a period, but I was breastfeeding. If that is not the case, I would make an appointment w/the doc.
    texas_mama

Answer by texas_mama at 9:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2008