What would you consider it?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years now and have a little girl together. Recently this week he told me he loves me but doesn't want to say it all the time. Could it be that it's losing it's meaning due to it being over used? It hurts my feelings that he doesn't say it anymore.

-Crystal

Asked by -Crystal at 3:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• It may just be that he feels it is losing meaning to him by saying it all the time, your feelings being hurt indicate that affirmative words, and being told you are loved means alot to you. Maybe you can figure out how to get him to show his love to you in different ways. He may feel like you need constant reassuring, and doesn't want to start to get mad about it. just my humble opinion...
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Saying you love someone does not ever get over used, I have been married for 39 years and I have heard it on a daily basis, it does not get old! You got to say it when you feel it and say it often, you never know when you will no longer have a chance to say so.......

Answer by older at 3:37 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Everybody is different. I certainly love my husband, but I don't tell him all the time either. I show him in a million different ways, but just saying it all the time seems... I dunno, just not my thing.

Just because he doesn't tell you every 5 minutes doesn't mean he doesn't feel it, know what I mean?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My grandparents never said I love you to one another but you can see the bond that they have. Sometimes it's what you don't hear but see that means more.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 3:53 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I do think that if you tell someone to many times, it can feel like you are just saying because you know you do and that it is expected. I tell my DF that I love him every once in a while but I show him I do everyday. Some people are different like that.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 4:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Does he still show you he loves you? Actions speak louder than words.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• some people just don't like saying it all the time it is if and how often he shows it that counts
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2011

• I personally wouldn't like that. My SO shows me in many different ways, but we can also sit and say I love you 60 times in one hour. I love hearing it & so does he.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2011

• My husband tells me he loves me all the time, so I think my heart would break a little if he said to me what your man said to you.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2011

• I agree with meooma. ACTIONS speak much louder than words. Some guys just feel too '" sentimental"" if they use it too often. I know that's dumb & immature but, some men can't get the words to roll off tongue at all, LOL. It's like they think their tongue will end up forked or something if they say those 3 little words "i love you". People have LOTS of different hang ups. Are his guy friends influencing? Maybe they've teased him? IDK, just throwing things out since he used to say it but suddenly now doesn't want to say it all the time...puzzling. Maybe he just doesn't feel it as much and doesn't want to say it if he doesn't feel the way he used to....I hope not but in this day & age...things seem to run there course with people too easy. (not all, but alot). when in doubt with your mate..ASK!! I'm so lucky my DH tells me about 3x a day every day of my life. -Older- is right too..you never know when u won't get to
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2011