Does someone have a child with adhd & te doctor keeps changing their meds because it does not work?

The doctor keeps changing my sons meds for adhd but so far nothing works. I'm getting upset because I don't see the point. He is still aggressive & impulsive. His attention span is stil short nothing seems to help any tips?

StacieBerry

Asked by StacieBerry at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have a whole vitamin regimen that we use for my 2 sons....it has worked wonders. if you would like to know what I use, feel free to PM me. We did not have any success on the meds..other than watching our bank account diminish! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:28 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I would start to wonder if it is really ADD and not behavorial
    Anonymous

• One med I have had some luck with in my child is strattera, other than that we have had NOOOOO luck.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• One thing I have found with students who are not responding to meds well (particularly those with aggressive tendencies) is that sensory integration techniques may work well. There is a book by Lynn Horowitz that makes great connections between ADHD and sensory issues. It's called Helping Hyperactive Kids: A Sensory Integration Approach.

There are also some great resources on the web, I have some of them listed at http://www.bartosworld.blogspot.com.

Hope that helps!
    ldtchr

Answer by ldtchr at 11:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008