Is this right or wrong?

A friend of mine works for Salvation Army, he brings home canned foods from there. The employees go thru clothes & canned goods first. They don't pay for the food they just get it and eat it at lunch at work. I used to work there myself but quit because my manager was giving her daughter diapers for her son(both of the parents worked and had plenty of money) and taking food, toilet paper, furniture and clothes without paying. I will not give to Salvation Army anymore because of this and neither will my family.

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 7:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• It's wrong! When an employee at any other store wants something for their self, they pay for the product, not just take it home or eat it or use it. It's called stealing! The Salvations Army supplies things to very needy people, or sells items to make money to help really needy people. We have homeless families who never, thought they would need assistance because they have worked hard all their lives. Doesn't Salvation Army have a Mission Statement they should be following? They should be reported and fined, put on probation, or if chronic abusers, they should be fired!
    bleuidgramma

Answer by bleuidgramma at 9:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• It"s wrong!!!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Oh, and I heard something else about Salvation Army... that their CEO makes like millions of dollars every year. CRAPPY Charity!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 7:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Wow...that is not right at all!!! People are not donating for the EMPLOYEES. I would definitely be going over the stores head and contacting someone. That probably amounts to thousands of dollars worth of donations going to them for free instead of where the donors intended. Fraud to say the least!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I think it's VERY wrong since the Salvation Army charges a fortune for the stuff in their stores, IMO. Also, the stuff at their stores in my area seems garage sale cast offs even lower. I always figured people on the front lines got to the stuff and pilfered.

This isn't the only place this happens. It happens at the Rescue Mission and St. Vincent Depal's too. It's gotten much worse since e-bay, etc.. With the internet, people have more of an idea of what things are worth, particularly if they are antique or vingate.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Seriously crappy I just can't understand why people are so selfish.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 8:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Are these paid employees? Just curious. I know some places will do things like that for volunteers.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 8:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I never liked Salvation Army. They aren't even a "charity" if you ask me. They denied my cousin when she was in need. I will NEVER donate there unless I have junk that I don't need.
    Anonymous

• quoting mom2XandZ
    Are these paid employees? Just curious. I know some places will do things like that for volunteers

Yes my friend make almost $10 an hour but only works like 30 hours a week. I don't like this at all. I have contacted the district manager for our area and she basically laughed at me.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 8:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2008

• omg that is so wrong.. I just saw a commercial for the Salvation Army and it was all about helping the people in need.. bullshit!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 8:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2008