REALLY???

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/restaurant-bans-kids-under-6-discrimination-or-smart-move-2509487

Let someone tell me that my child has to leave if my child is crying...
i'll walk out and not pay...lol

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally think it is a stupid move, not good business sense........

Answer by older at 3:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Wow.. thats freaking nuts!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• they r gonna lose a lot of customers
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• There is a church here that doesn't allow kids in the sanctuary due to "possible disruption". I would treat the restaurant the same as I do the church.... not go there.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My boss talks about doing this- then I remind him of the tables of drunk adults and he usually calms down. But I do get aggravated when parents don't excuse themselves w their kids if they are being disruptive.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:51 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• wtf, who is voting them down?????
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• It's about business, clientele, and target market. Private business can do as they see fit. I see nothing wring with their decision. Other businesses have done this and have seen increase in revenue. It's about target marketing.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• i think it depends on the place, if its a family restaurant then its uncalled for to ask people to leave, but if its like a sports bar that offers dining then yes i think it would be appropriate. my dh and i have gone to a local sports bar for date night with the intention of having a kid free meal, and several times there would be one screaming kid. the whole purpose of going out to the sports bar was to avoid screaming kids not encounter someone elses. when we go out as a family if one of our kids act up in any shape way or form either dh and i will take our kid out to the car for a talk, and tell them if they cant act appropriate they will get their meal in a doggy bag and will eat later. they seldom act up when we go out though.
    GypsyMoon605

Answer by GypsyMoon605 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• *wrong*
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have to say, I rarely go to family restaurants because of the loud little brats. If I ever would have acted the way I've seen some of these kids act, my mom would have taken me to the car and beaten my ass. There's no penalty for kids misbehaving these days. "Sweetheart, will you sit down for mommy? Pretty please? If you're good I'll let you order dessert!" does absolutely nothing. The kid obviously isn't bothered by the threat of no dessert, because when Mom says no, he/she will cry & cause a scene and then Mom will get dessert just to shut them up.

Sorry - this hits close to home because of my niece and nephew. lol
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 3:56 PM on Jul. 13, 2011