Call from ssi

The DDS examiner that's working on my child's claim,made an appointment about 2 weeks ago fo a evaluation with a psychologist and the psychologist recommended.my child to see a speech therapist. Well she called today and said not to go to the appointment and that they have what they need to make a decision and I should be getting something in the mail. , and now I'm worried since they canceled the appointment, have anyone else been through this before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• maybe its a sign that they don't need further testing to give them thier answer, in a good way- meaning your claim has went through?
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• With my experience through SSI (family, work etc.) they just about always deny the first claim and then you have to file again and usually get it. Thats just my experience though.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I got SSI for my son the first time I applied. I'm surprised they didn't tell you what the decision was - the examiner working on my sons case told me what the decision was, and the amount, way before we got anything in the mail.

Answer by missanc at 4:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I have 2 children who receive SSI. They both were approved almost immediately. The kids were never sent to any appointments, so I am not sure about that. Good luck, though.
    BransonMama

Answer by BransonMama at 4:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• I would recommend to go to the SSA.gov website for your State under Supplement Security Income and verify the income guidelines. If your families makes what they considered a low-income then it is most definitely that your claim will be accepted and processed. SSI is based solely on the family's income.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• *family's
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• Okay
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• my daughter got on it right away when she was 6
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• @wheres did this happen to you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2011

• My son was granted 1st try when he was approx.12 weeks old
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 6:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2011